The Olive Tree Market is located in the heart of Ocean Beach :: 4805 Narragansett Avenue San Diego, CA 92107 619-224-0443
Find Us: Map | Facebook | Twitter | Our Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012


I often waffle over what my favorite style of beer is. The problem is I have different cravings – do I want hops, dark roasted malts, a little funk, or a crisp lager? These are the decisions that keep me up at night – and standing in the beer aisle until my girlfriend is tugging not so gently on my arm to go.

Regardless of what your palate is craving, the most versatile beer for food pairing would have to be the Saison. It can stand up to the heartiest dishes, the spiciest seasonings, and the juiciest meats. Last night I enjoyed a To Øl Snowball Saison paired with jerk chicken, Spanish rice, and cole slaw. I was not disappointed. Snowball Saison is tangy, earthy, a little funky, and dry – a perfect with the combination on my plate. 

Supplies of To Øl Snowball Saison is limited. All products were purchased at the Olive Tree. Chicken breast, Mahatama Spanish rice, and cole slaw from the deli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home | Beer & Wine Club | About Olive Tree | Wine | Beer | Meat | Cheese | Produce | Groceries | Deli | Bakery
Acknowledgements & Credits