The Olive Tree Market is located in the heart of Ocean Beach :: 4805 Narragansett Avenue San Diego, CA 92107 619-224-0443
Find Us: Map | Facebook | Twitter | Our Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Black Tuesday


Patrick, Brewer/Owner of The Bruery, myself and Black Tuesday.

I was fortunate enough to be able to try this amazing beer last Friday at Downtown Johnny Browns. Patrick generously poured me a sample of this intense Imperial Stout. Jet black color with a dark tan head. Head stood in place long after the pour. A great nose. Oak, bourbon, coffee, chocolate, vanilla, and dark fruits. Could have just inhaled this all night. The taste? My palate has been thanking me ever since. Very complex flavors going on here. Everything I said from the nose. Perfectly balanced with a sweet, smooth, warm finish. Big and sticky mouthfeel. At a whopping 19.5% abv, the alcohol is very well hidden. I'm a big Port fan. I could see myself popping one of these on Christmas Eve rather than my traditional Taylor 20 Year Old Tawney. Time to start a new tradition. At this time Black Tuesday will not hit the Olive Tree shelves. This is a brewery release only. Hope to see you there. 99 and a half out of 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home | Beer & Wine Club | About Olive Tree | Wine | Beer | Meat | Cheese | Produce | Groceries | Deli | Bakery
Acknowledgements & Credits